The CVRA preserves and promotes local plant patrimony thanks to a over 35-year experience.
The CVRA achieves the protection of local plant patrimony mainly fruit trees, through several types of deeds:
- A precise recording of local plant in the entire region since 1979
- Planting in relevant sites all over the region.
- Experiments on such criteria as the search of a greater hardiness, reaction to different pests and diseases, taste quality.
The CVRA promotes local patrimony through different activities and achievements:
- Its museum orchard, showcase of local plant patrimony, open to the public in the Garonne valley (10 miles west of Agen between Bordeaux and Toulouse).
- Its introduction courses to discover fruit trees growing techniques open to anyone.
- Its exhibitions of fruits and other local plants in each and every "département"county in the region, at different times.
- Its lectures and book publishing.
- Its old fruit varieties growing and selling nursery.
- Its supporting association (open to anyone), bringing subsidies and especially volunteer work all over the Conservatoire sites of the region, its corporate partners.
The activities of the "Conservatoire Végétal Régional d'Aquitaine" are funded thanks to different institutional corporate sponsors:
- the "Conseil Régional d'Aquitaine", the 5 Aquitania "départements",
- European funding, the "Ministère de l'Agriculture", by memberships
- to the support association
- to the Conservatoire and self-financing.
Conservatoire Végétal Régional d'Aquitaine
Domaine de Barolle
Phone : +33 553 472 914
Fax : +33 553 952 667